Listed Building: THE PINES (282145)
Find out more about heritage designations.
Grade | II |
---|---|
Authority | |
Volume/Map/Item | 282145 |
Date assigned | 23 April 1986 |
Date last amended |
Description
TM 37 NE WISSETT RUMBURGH ROAD
5/71 The Pines
- II
Farmhouse, formerly called Hill Farmhouse. Circa 1600, with a large extension of 1908. Timber-framed and rendered; plaintiled roof. 2 storeys and attics. The original range has a 2-cell lobby-entrance form and is set sideways-on: the internal chimney-stack has diagonally-set attached shafts on a square base with recessed panel. 3 original windows in the north gable.-end: a 5-light mullioned window to the attic, and a 4-light mullion-and-transome window with projecting sill to both first and ground floors, all with ovolo-mouldings. Good interior, with all framing and ceilings exposed; 5 bays. Ovolo-moulding to main ground-floor beams; to the south of the stack, with very unusual stops in the form of little faces like Red Indians. The chimney-stack had 4 hearths, one now blocked: to the north with a plain timber lintel, to the south, with a flat brick arch and moulded jambs to ground and first floors. Original newel stair by stack leads up to attic. The upper ceilings are original: in the south room, curved stops with jewel and trench. Roof with one row of unstepped butt-purlins and one row of clasped purlins, cambered collars and windbraces. The house has several good original moulded plank doors. A blocked doorway in the side wall of the north room implies that the present range was added to a pre-existent structure.
Listing NGR: TM3536179765
External Links (1)
Sources (0)
Location
Grid reference | TM 35931 79498 (point) |
---|---|
Map sheet | TM37NE |
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Record last edited
Jan 30 2020 3:15PM