1. 924 FLIXTON ROAD (South Side)
Stow Park (near Constitution Hill) TM 38 NW 3/60 9.5.49.
2. References to Stow Park in an Inquisition taken at Ipswich in 1307, concerning lands which Roger de Bigod, late Earl of Norfolk had held. Large quantities of Roman pottery found here by J B Scott in 1857. Stone mouldings etc of Norman period, dug up near present house, appear to be of a chapel. Older part of present building almost unaltered C16 farmhouse with 4-centred oak door and frame. Spiral stair, ground floor to attic. Timber framed, overhanging 1st floor, plastered, brick ground floor. Tiles and slates. Entrance front, late C18 stucco on brick 2 storey slate roof, hipped, 3 windows sash, flush frames. 6-panel door. Doric porch.
Listing NGR: TM3271687979