Listed Building: HILL HOUSE FARMHOUSE (282126)

Find out more about .

Grade II
Authority
Volume/Map/Item 282126
Date assigned 23 April 1986
Date last amended

Description

TM 37 NW WISSETT CHEDISTON ROAD 4/52 Hill House Farmhouse - II Farmhouse. Circa 1600. 2 storeys, formerly with attics. Timber-framed; roughcast-rendered; plaintiled roof. An internal chimney-stack: square base with recessed panel, plain rebuilt red brick shaft. 3 3-light windows to each storey: mid C20 replacements to ground floor, Edwardian mullion-and-transome type to upper floor. C20 plank door. Good interior, with exposed timbering; 3-cell lobby-entrance form, but the 3rd unit appears to be a slightly later addition, with evidence of end walls removed on each floor. The main beams to the rooms on each side of the stack have ovolo-moulding and curved stops with bar; joists chamfered and stopped. One open fireplace with a roll-moulded timber lintel. On the upper floor, long jowls to post-heads, long arched braces removed; original upper ceilings; some blocked original windows; arched braces to side and end walls. Listing NGR: TM3485579776

External Links (1)

Sources (0)

Map

Location

Grid reference TM 34855 79776 (point)
Map sheet TM37NW

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Record last edited

Jan 30 2020 2:38PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.