Monument record BSE 063 - Vineyard
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8595 6415 (252m by 269m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||BURY ST EDMUNDS, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
`The Vineyard of the Abbey' shown on Thos Warren's map of Bury in 1776 (S1).
Walls defing South and main part of East boundaries survive as Scheduled Monument. Interior partly built over by school etc and playing fields but still good potential for below ground survival.
- <S1> SSF5501 (No record type): EAA, 1, 1975, 53 (copy of 1776 map).
- <S2> SSF50106 Photograph: Air Photographs. NAU, TL 856 641, JDF 11-13, 1 July 1996.
- <S3> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map.
- <S4> SSF59982 Bibliographic reference: Whittingham, A.B.. 1971. Bury St Edmunds Abbey, Suffolk.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 12 2021 1:12PM