Monument record BUN 020 - Church of Holy Trinity (Med)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3380 8972 (55m by 68m)|
|Civil Parish||BUNGAY, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Situated SE of St Mary's. There are five churches recorded in the Domesday Survey in the parish of Bungay, including St Mary's. The other churches are thought to be located in the parishes of Ilketshall St Lawrence, St John and St Andrew (S4).
Samples of sandstone from C11 tower of Holy Trinity Church, Bungay. To Ipswich Museum by exchange with Norwich Museum (149.956) A B Whittingham (S1).
Holy Trinity Church - see Basil Brown archive (S2).
Consists of nave of three bays, aisle, S porch and tower.
1970s? The Churches of Holy Trininty and St Mary, Bungay, Suffolk (S5).
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volume.
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 962-138, 1962.
- <M2> SSF44003 (No record type): AP: NAU AXC 27.
- <S2> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, II, 71.
- <S3> SSF11697 (No record type): NAU, AP AXC 27.
- <S4> SSF50087 Bibliographic reference: Dymond D and Martin E. 1999. An Historical Atlas of Suffolk (revised edition). Scarfe N, Domesday churches.
- <S5> SSF50051 Unpublished document: Church File. Fleming, I, Southwold Press.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Nov 19 2012 3:40PM