Monument record IKL 095 - Icklingham Plains, Icklingham, (Mesolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 744 738 (100m by 100m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||ICKLINGHAM, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1969: "Some Mesolithic cores, flakes and a scraper" from an area disturbed by the North Sea gas pipeline (S1-S7).
Note cited grid reference too far South, pipeline was North of this.
See also Roman & Saxon records.
- <S1> SSF56489 Article in serial: Owles, E. J.. 1969. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1969.
- <S2> SSF23378 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J. & Bonsall, C.J.. 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic sites in England and Wales, CBA Research Report 20. 257.
- <S3> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS Card TL77SW9.
- <S4> SSF3401 Bibliographic reference: CBA. 1969. Group 7 bulletin, 16, 1969, 14.
- <S5> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card.
- <S6> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 1023.
- <S7> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11278.
- <S8> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Feb 23 2021 1:20PM