Monument record NAC 035 - Probable Bronze-Age barrow.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2169 4070 (26m by 24m)|
|Civil Parish||NACTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Concentric ring ditch with central mark/feature, outer circle circa 21m diameter (S1)(S2). In same field as ring ditch, NAC 036, and linear features, NAC 014.
Formerly recorded under NAC 014.
A probable Bronze Age barrow is visible as a cropmark on aerial photographs, centred on TM 21684071 to the north of Lady Wood, Nacton. The cropmarks consist of two concentric ring ditches enclosing areas of 26.5m and 17m respectively. The cropmarks suggest that a bank existed between the two ring ditches. (S1) (S2) (S3) (S4)
- <M1> SSF41391 (No record type): APs: ACQ 35, 36.
- <S1> SSF50071 Photograph: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2140/3 (SFU 1548/CQ/35) 21-JUL-1975.
- <S2> SSF50071 Photograph: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2140/4 (SFU 11548/CQ/36) 21-JUL-1975.
- <S3> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2140/8 (RHF 1934/07) 01-AUG-1980.
- <S4> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2140/9 (RHF 19507/04) 30-JUL-1980.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Aug 20 2013 1:32PM