Monument record NAC 036 - A non-archaeological feature initially recorded as a ring ditch.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2143 4073 (26m by 24m)|
|Civil Parish||NACTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
? Ring ditch, circa 30m diameter, NE of Lady Wood Cottages (S1). In same field as ring ditch, NAC 035 and linear features, NAC 014.
Formerly recorded under NAC 014.
The feature visible in (S1) and (S2) is purely a surface mark where the tractor has circled around a hollow or damp area in the field, probably caused by the small quarry pit visible on (S3). It has not been plotted as part of the project. (S4)
- <M1> SSF38057 (No record type): APs: ACQ 35, 36.
- <S1> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2140/3 (SFU 11548/CQ/35) 21-JUL-1975.
- <S2> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2140/4 (SFU 11548/CQ/36) 21-JUL-1975.
- <S3> SSF50005 Photograph: RAF. Air Photograph. RAF 106G/LA/23 4037-4038 06-JUL-1944.
- <S4> SXS50100 Verbal communication: Newsome, S.. 2001 -. Suffolk Coastal NMP Project. Sarah Newsome 17/06/03.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Aug 20 2013 1:32PM