Monument record EUN 013 - Rushford Bridge
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9251 8121 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||EUSTON, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Rushford Bridge, crossing Little Ouse river between Brettenham (Norfolk) and Euston parishes. Mid C19, cast iron. Scheduled Ancient Monument, Norfolk 85/Suffolk 242. No further information (S1)(S3).
According to Ian Anderson Rushford bridge is a stone ogival arch bridge (see geograph photos: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/512717) - possibly some confusion over which bridge he is referring to?(S4).
- <S1> SSF11681 (No record type): NAU (Rose E), November 1989.
- <S2> SSF10079 Bibliographic reference: Jervoise, E.. 1932. The Ancient Bridges of Mid and Eastern England. 111-112.
- <S3> SSF50080 Unpublished document: English Heritage. Scheduling information, January 2003.
- <S4> SSF50153 Bibliographic reference: Email. Ian Anderson to Colin Pendleton (SCCAS), 1 May 2012 (copy in bridges file).
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Apr 8 2021 3:32PM