Find Spot record CAM 023 - Field adjacent to Cavenham Mill, Cavenham, (Mesolithic).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7710 7146 (208m by 213m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||CAVENHAM, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Flint spread. Microliths etc.. (Box 10)' notated on BSEMH record map and linked to hatched area circa 130m x 180m around TL 7710 7146 (S1).
See also (S2).
Possibly same as PaMELA record 11358 (material recorded at British Museum), currently not on HER, to be updated, (S3)
See also Neolithic record at this site.
- --- SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11358, 11364.
- <S1> SSF2489 Cartographic materials: Erskine R W H, Ms. ND. BSEMH, 1:25000 record map, 52/77, R Erskine entry, undated. BSEMH, 1:25000 record map, 52/77, R Erskine entry, undated.
- <S2> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 923, M 920.
- <S3> SSF59348 Personal Correspondence: Cutler, Hannah. 2019. Personal Observations as part of the Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods project.
- FSF51611: OPPOSED PLATFORM BLADE CORE? (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF51612: BLADE? (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF51613: SCRAPER (TOOL)? (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF51614: BLADE? (Early Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 8000 BC?)
- FSF8300: OBLIQUELY BLUNTED/PARTIALLY BACKED MICROLITH (Mesolithic - 9000 BC to 4000 BC)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jul 23 2020 3:28PM