Monument record HTC 030 - Mill House, Hitcham Tower Mill (site of); Cross Green
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9903 5308 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||HITCHAM, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Hitcham Tower Mill.
Built 1820 by Robert Barnes (sale of land, William Ennals of Hitcham, gent to Robert Barnes of Buxhall, miller, 10 Apr 1820 - (S1)). A tower mill (S2)(S3). Demolished in 1928 (S4).
- <S1> SSF17874 (No record type): S.R.O. (Bury St Edmunds) 392/89/143.
- <S2> SSF50128 Bibliographic reference: Dolman, P. 1978. Windmills in Suffolk: a contemporary survey.
- <S3> SSF6481 Unpublished document: Flint,B.. 1979. Suffolk Windmills.
- <S4> SSF21772 (No record type): Suffolk Chronicle, 28 Sep 1928.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S6> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 29 2021 2:33PM