Monument record FRT 031 - Church of St Peter
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1710 3951 (55m by 110m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||FRESTON, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
St Peter's Church.
Isolated church. Church recorded in Domesday Book 1086. Present structure was heavily (`terribly') restored in 1875. C15 font of E Anglian type with 4 seated lions and 4 demi-angels with shields (S1). Vestry added 1875. Stained glass by William Morris & Co, 1922, on N side of nave (S2).
- <S1> SSF3293 Bibliographic reference: Cautley H M. 1975. Suffolk Churches. Cautley H M, Suffolk Churches.
- <M1> SSF47057 (No record type): APs: (S3).
- <S2> SSF16083 Bibliographic reference: Pevsner N & Radcliffe E. 1974. The Buildings of England: Suffolk. Pevsner N, Buildings of England - Suffolk.
- <S3> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex C C, AP, CP/97/36/31 & 33, July 1997.
- <S4> SSF11096 (No record type): McMasters, I.. McMasters, sheet 3 No 2.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 6 1998 12:00AM