Find Spot record MNL 1021 - Unprovenanced Neolithic finds, West Row Fen
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 66 77 (1000m by 1000m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Unprovenanced finds in collection of Colin Pendleton from Cooks Drove/Hayland Drove areas, found fieldwalking by C Pendleton and Patrick Norman, include leaf shaped arrowhead (catalogue A51), unifacially worked point (A84), various small blades/ microliths (E6, E8, E10- 13, E15, E74), flint awl/ borers (F2, F5,6,8,9), fabricator (G5), various knives and blades (I2,5,7,9,10,12,23 & 30)(Patrick Norman), hammer stones (K3, K36), various highly worked implements (M2, M12), scrapers (N9)(N10 Hayland Drove), pottery etc.
Similar unprovenanced finds in Patrick Norman's collection include 2 leaf arrowheads (his collection nos. A18 & A23), various scrapers and misc flints, pottery etc.
Formerly recorded as MNL MISC
- <S1> SSF15678 Unpublished document: Pendleton C F. 1987. Catalogue of finds and findspots,1965-1987, unpublished. Pendleton C, artefact records & descriptions, 1965-1987.
- FSF9603: LEAF ARROWHEAD (Early Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 2201 BC?)
- FSF9604: WORKED OBJECT (Early Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 2201 BC?)
- FSF9605: HAMMERSTONE (Early Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 2201 BC?)
- FSF9606: POTTERY (Early Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 2201 BC?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 14 2020 11:13AM