Monument record MNL 250 - Delph Drove, West Row Fen; F34 (Neo)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6447 7771 (126m by 148m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Scatter of (mainly Neo/EBA?) worked flint & pottery found fieldwalking on field 34 (F34) on sandy hillocks by C Pendleton. Finds include 21 Neo & BA sherds, mainly flint gritted (6 rims with slightly everted lip, 1 rim with exterior burnish & 1 sherd with parallel line decoration), 1 leaf arrowhead, fragment of saddle quern, irregular piece of worked jet (?Neo), scrapers and various worked flints, also partly bored stone hammer found by Terry Towler (?now in possession of Arthur Towler, Fodderfen Drove, West Row)(S1). West of flint scatter MNL 251.
- <S1> SSF15678 Unpublished document: Pendleton C F. 1987. Catalogue of finds and findspots,1965-1987, unpublished. Pendleton C, artefact records & descriptions, sketch map etc, 1965-1987.
- FSF10276: LEAF ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- FSF10277: WORKED OBJECT (Neolithic - 4000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- FSF10278: QUERN (Neolithic - 4000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- FSF10279: POTTERY (Neolithic - 4000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- FSF10280: WORKED OBJECT (Neolithic - 4000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- FSF10281: PERFORATED OBJECT (Neolithic - 4000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 14 2020 11:26AM