Monument record MNL 258 - F31; OS Fields 2300 & 3400 (BA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6525 7600 (102m by 83m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Scatter of Neo/EBA worked and burnt flint, animal bone etc, found fieldwalking on slight sandy rise by Colin Pendleton and Patrick Norman (scatter F31).
Potsherds include shoulder with incised crossed decoration (?beaker) and sherd with finger nail impressed cordon (S1).
Possibly same as Leaf's `Fifty Farm' site - MNL 154.
- <S1> SSF15678 Unpublished document: Pendleton C F. 1987. Catalogue of finds and findspots,1965-1987, unpublished. Pendleton C, finds records & descriptions, 1965-1987.
- FSF9644: POTTERY BEAKER (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 1501 BC)
- FSF9645: POTTERY (Late Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 2500 BC? to 701 BC?)
- FSF9646: WORKED OBJECT (Late Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 2500 BC? to 701 BC?)
- FSF9647: ANIMAL REMAINS (Late Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 2500 BC? to 701 BC?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 14 2020 11:15AM