Monument record MNL 266 - Cooks Drove, West Row Fen; F7; F8a; OS Fields 2324 & 0011 (BA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6633 7740 (108m by 98m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Scatter of Neo and EBA burnt and worked flint, pottery etc, found on sandy area in N corner of OS field 2324 (scatter F8a) and adjoining corner of OS field 0011 by Colin Pendleton and Patrick Norman. Finds include two triangular arrowheads (catalogue nos. A159, A178), three barbed and tanged arrowheads (A179, A180 & P Norman A5), one oblique (single barbed) arrowhead (A127), one plano- convex knife (I81), a few sherds pottery, scrapers etc (S1). Area amended to include part OS field 0011 August 1990. Also Mes & Neo.
- <S1> SSF15678 Unpublished document: Pendleton C F. 1987. Catalogue of finds and findspots,1965-1987, unpublished. Pendleton C, finds records, 1965-1987.
- FSF10265: BARBED AND TANGED ARROWHEAD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 701 BC?)
- FSF10266: TRIANGULAR ARROWHEAD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 701 BC?)
- FSF10267: TRANSVERSE ARROWHEAD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 701 BC?)
- FSF10268: WORKED OBJECT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 701 BC?)
- FSF10269: POTTERY (Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 701 BC?)
- FSF10270: PLANO CONVEX KNIFE (Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 701 BC?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 14 2020 11:40AM