Monument record BAA 011 - Mill House; Wind Mill (corn) (1904)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 985 687 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BADWELL ASH, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Open trestle post mill, said to have been moved from Mill Hill, Hunston (HUN 002) in the C18, it ceased to work in 1924 and was demolished in 1930 due to its proximity to a sandpit. The materials were used to build a replica of the buck nearby which was used as a power mill, and this still stands in derelict condition. It had four spring sails, a fantail and drove two pairs of stones (S1).
Shown on map of 1783 (S2)(S3).
Shown on 1904 OS map - 'Wind Mill (corn)'.
- --- SSF59942 Index: Historic England. Related Archives/Objects from NRHE. BF004519.
- <S1> SSF50128 Bibliographic reference: Dolman, P. 1978. Windmills in Suffolk: a contemporary survey.
- <S2> SSF6481 Unpublished document: Flint,B.. 1979. Suffolk Windmills.
- <S3> SSF7563 Cartographic materials: Hodskinson, J.. 1783. The County of Suffolk surveyed.
- <S4> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 30 2021 9:47AM