Monument record IPS 237 - The Albany, Tuddenham Road, Ipswich, (IAS 8503).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1725 4572 (56m by 30m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1990: Watching brief during drain laying & site clearance failed to locate any evidence for burials Medieval pottery scatter located during watching brief prior to residential development. Finds listed as 3 rim and 24 body sherds Medieval coarseware (13th/14th Century); 1 rim and 3 body sherds Lmed glazed wares. Also 10 unpatinated flint flakes (prehistoric?); 1 base and 5 body sherds early Post Medieval wares; 1 clay tobacco pipe stem fragment and a few tile fragments (S1-S4).
- <S1> SSF19925 Unpublished document: Newman J. 1990. SAU, Newman J, site report, IPS 046, June 1990, map. SAU, Newman J, site report, IPS 046, June 1990, map.
- <S2> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 8503.
- <S3> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 8503.
- <S4> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. 1921-52.65.
- FSF10439: POTTERY (13th century to 14th century - 1200 AD to 1399 AD)
- FSF42730: POTTERY (13th century to 15th century - 1200 AD? to 1450 AD?)
- FSF42731: POTTERY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF42732: TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF42733: CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF42734: FLAKE (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jan 13 2020 1:59PM