Monument record TDD 008 - Small smock mill, Worlington Road, Tuddenham
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7292 7198 (9m by 23m)|
|Civil Parish||TUDDENHAM, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Small smock mill, demolished about 1900. The foundations have been grabbed out and dumped near the site where they can still be seen (S1). Mapped by Hodskinson 1783, disused in 1901 (S2,S3).
- <S1> SSF50128 Bibliographic reference: Dolman, P. 1978. Windmills in Suffolk: a contemporary survey. 50.
- <S2> SSF6481 Unpublished document: Flint,B.. 1979. Suffolk Windmills.
- <S3> SSF5315 Personal Correspondence: Dolman P. 1990. Letter to SAU, `Suffolk Windmills on Maps', 1990.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S5> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map. 1892.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 24 2021 1:35PM