Monument record FSF 037 - Park Farm or Park House, site of
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2790 7863 (86m by 105m)|
|Civil Parish||FRESSINGFIELD, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Park House marked on OS 1st edition map 1837, marked and named as Park Farm on 1:10560 provisional edition map. Now demolished. 1st edition map also seems to show a building in the enclosure adjoining to the south of Park Farm. Only ditch on west side of enclosures now survives. Lies in the former deer park of Whittingham Hall - see FSF 036.
Building in park in this approximate position shown on a map of 1702 (S1). No surrounding enclosure shown. Presumably a park lodge.
- <S1> SSF21557 (No record type): SRO Ipswich, HD40 : 470/6.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Oct 1 1991 12:00AM