Monument record MNL 394 - Snare Drove, Kenny Hill, (Prehistoric)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6588 7962 (64m by 43m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||Beck Row, Holywell Row and Kenny Hill, Forest Heath, Suffolk|
Type and Period (1)
1983/4: Scatter of worked flint, including 2 scrapers and a knife, at the West end of a sand ridge. Two smaller concentrations of worked flint, including a scraper, at the North end of the field. Located during the Fenland survey (S1).
Descriptions of flint finds are broad, dating to a specific period bracket is ill-advised. However, they may be later Prehistoric, based on details of discovery, (S2).
- <S1> SSF6326 Excavation archive: Pendleton C. 1990. Fenland Survey Archive. Fenland survey archive, field 0066 (KH1) `a'.
- <S2> SSF59348 Personal Correspondence: Cutler, Hannah. 2019. Personal Observations as part of the Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods project.
- FSF12783: FLAKE (MIS13 to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF50992: BLADE (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF50993: SINGLE PLATFORM BLADE CORE (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF50994: SCRAPER (TOOL) (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF50995: KNIFE (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF50996: BURNT FLINT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 14 2020 3:46PM