Monument record MNL 405 - Hurdle Drove/Weston Ditch, West Row (Prehistoric)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6763 7737 (42m by 59m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1983/4 Scatter of worked flint, including 2 scrapers, and burnt flint on a sand ridge. Located during the Fenland survey (S1).
Descriptions of flint finds are broad, dating to a specific period bracket is ill-advised. However, they may be later Prehistoric, based on details of discovery, (S2).
See also Roman record
- --- SSF59348 Personal Correspondence: Cutler, Hannah. 2019. Personal Observations as part of the Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods project.
- <S1> SSF6326 Excavation archive: Pendleton C. 1990. Fenland Survey Archive. Fenland survey archive, field 5126 (WD1) `a'.
- FSF18756: FLAKE (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF51003: DEBITAGE (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF51004: SINGLE PLATFORM BLADE CORE (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF51005: MULTIPLE PLATFORM CORE (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF51006: SCRAPER (TOOL) (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF51007: DISCOIDAL KNIFE (Neolithic - 4000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 14 2020 3:57PM