Monument record WLS 003 - Willisham Hall
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 069 506 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||WILLISHAM, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
"Moat" marked on OS 1:10560 & 1:10,000 maps. Water-filled remains shown to SW, ditch (?) to NW, rest built over? Also site of original Willisham Hall (manor from at least 1182). Hall listed as having 11 hearths in 1674 when occupied by Robert Brownrigge?). Destroyed by fire in 1934. (S1) (R1) (R2) Close to church.
- <R1> SSF5493 (No record type): E. Anglian Miscellany, 1918, 44..
- <S1> SSF6986 (No record type): Goult W, A survey of Suffolk Parish history, 1990..
- <S2> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk (VCH).
- <R2> SSF5494 (No record type): E. Anglian Miscellany, 1934, 17..
- <S3> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Apr 13 2021 1:19PM