Monument record GLL 010 - The Old Mill House
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3542 5822 (327m by 126m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||LITTLE GLEMHAM, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Watermill with connecting channels to River Ore.
1960: `Timber built mill on a brick foundation and with a corrugated iron roof. The internal wooden undershot wheel drove two pairs of stones. In very bad repair (S1).
1964?: Listed as with 3 pairs of stones and derelict in (S2). 1844 & 1912: A corn miller is listed in 1844 & a miller in 1912 at Little Glemham in trades directories (S3).
- <S1> SSF22710 (No record type): Wailes R, County of E Suffolk: Survey of Watermills, 1960, no 58A, SRO (Bury), Acc 1678.
- <M1> SSF41651 (No record type): Mills file: copies (S1)(S2).
- <S2> SSF22725 (No record type): Wailes R, Suffolk Watermills, Trans Newcomen Soc, 37, 1964-1965, 110.
- <S3> SSF7004 (No record type): Goult W, A Survey of Suffolk Parish History: E Suffolk, A-H, 1990.
- <S4> SSF50007 Serial: Suffolk Industrial Archaeological Society Newsletter. August 2010.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Dec 9 2010 2:57PM