Monument record KCC 019 - Church of St Peter, Carlton

Please read our .

Summary

Church of St Peter, Carlton.

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 3822 6401 (76m by 86m) (Centred on)
Map sheet TM36SE
Civil Parish KELSALE CUM CARLTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (2)

Full Description

Church of St Peter, Carlton. Consists of chancel, nave, S porch, W tower. Norman masonry in nave and chancel. Main structure C14, C16 tower. Visit by Dowsing in 1643. Pulpit is dated 1626. Holy Table stretcher rails dated 1630. 1872 & 1887 restorations (S1)(S2)(S3).
Church isolated, within former(?) area of Carlton Park.

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <S1> Bibliographic reference: Cautley H M. 1975. Suffolk Churches. 251.
  • <S2> Bibliographic reference: Pevsner N & Radcliffe E. 1974. The Buildings of England: Suffolk. 159.
  • <S3> (No record type): Goult W, A Survey of Suffolk Parish History, E Suffolk A-H, 1990.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Mar 30 2012 11:46AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.