Monument record MNL 458 - Mildenhall West Upper & Lower Staunches; River Lark

Please read our .

Summary

Canalised(?) section of River Lark N of original course (& parish boundary) and sites of former Mildenhall West Upper & Lower Staunches, both of which were removed in the 1890s when the turf lock (MNL 456) was built (S1).

Location

Grid reference Centred TL 7020 7439 (235m by 88m) (Centred on)
Map sheet TL77SW
Civil Parish MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (3)

Full Description

Canalised(?) section of River Lark N of original course (& parish boundary) and sites of former Mildenhall West Upper & Lower Staunches, both of which were removed in the 1890s when the turf lock (MNL 456) was built (S1). part of former Lark Navigation (begun circa 1700, completed about 1715 & disused by circa 1900). Details in (S1).

Sources/Archives (2)

  • --- Web Page: Addy, D. 2008. St Edmundsbury Chronicle: www.stedmundsburychronicle.com.
  • <S1> Bibliographic reference: Weston, D.E.. 1980?. The Lark Navigation. Weston D E, The Lark Navigation, circa 1980.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Feb 19 2016 11:55AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.