Monument record LDP 003 - Church of St Margaret; Linstead Chapel (1783)

Please read our .

Summary

Church of St Margaret.

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 3373 7772 (53m by 80m) (Centred on)
Map sheet TM37NW
Civil Parish LINSTEAD PARVA, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (2)

Full Description

Church of St Margaret. Consists of chancel, nave, S porch, W bell turret (wood). C13 main structure, including chancel with late alterations. C16 nave.
1643: Visitation of Puritan, William Dowsing.
1891/94: Restoration and porch rebuilt. For details see (S1)(S2). On edge of parish.
Note: labled as Linstead Chapel on Hodskinson's 1783 map (S3).

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <S1> Bibliographic reference: Cautley H M. 1975. Suffolk Churches. 326.
  • <S2> Bibliographic reference: Pevsner N & Radcliffe E. 1974. The Buildings of England: Suffolk. 334.
  • <S3> Map: J Hodskinson. 1783. The County of Suffolk Surveyed.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Jan 18 2013 9:37AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.