Monument record BAR 056 - Bowbeck House
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9402 7545 (54m by 53m)|
|Civil Parish||BARDWELL, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Cropmarks of possible small moat with two/three arms, showing as parch mark in field N of Bowbeck House (S1). Extent not known.
Sub Manor to BAR 005.
1066 Manor of 1 carucate held by Alan.
1086 Manor of 1 carucate belongs to Peter of Valongnes.
1066 Manor of 1 carucate held by Aki.
1086 Manor of 1 carucate belonging to Robert Blunt.
1230/40 Grant to Hugo de Schardelolke together with advowson of Bardwell Church.
1264 Richard de Wykes owns.
1404 Sir William Berdewell owns (annexed to main manor).
1553 Sir John Croftes owns (linked to Wangford, Ampton, Barnham, Lt Livermere and West Stow).
1699 Charles Crofts Read owns.
1723 Clement Gorrance owns (linked to Rougham).
1785 Augustus, Viscount Keppel, Baron of Elveden.
1805 Earl of Albermarle owns.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Apr 9 2019 8:16AM