Monument record SPL 005 - Shimpling Street
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8714 5302 (25m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||SHIMPLING, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Shimpling Street. Large smock mill with two-storey base, dated 1792. It ceased work before 1914 and was pulled down in 1935. The base remains, used as a store. There were four patent sails, two pairs of stones on a hurst, a domed cap with gallery and fantail. There was a stage at second floor level (S1).
- <S1> SSF50128 Bibliographic reference: Dolman, P. 1978. Windmills in Suffolk: a contemporary survey. 46.
- <S2> SSF59798 Article in serial: A, A. Bryan. 1998. Windmill gazetteer for England.
- <S3> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 9 2021 11:09AM