Monument record KCC 022 - Carlton Park; Carlton Hall
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3816 6406 (1070m by 840m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||KELSALE CUM CARLTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Carlton Hall & Park (R1). Includes ice-house at TM 3825 6428 and penannular moated feature (wind mill mound?) at TM 3798 6381. A small park(?) is shown N of the church on Hodskinson's 1783 map (S1). Park approximately defined on HER map to Carlton Road to N, A12 to E and to outer line of double boundary feature to W & S (includes church, KCC 019).
June 1997: Redefined on HER map after 1825 map (S2).
Jan 2002 - Site visited for monitoring purposes on residential development. C18th evidence seen - walls and cellar from Hall. This concurs with accepted evidence that the Hall was built in the c18th. S3
See details in Lost Country Houses of Suffolk by WM Roberts.
- <R1> SSF23225 Unpublished document: Williamson,T. & Taigel, A.. 1992-1994. A Survey of Historic Parks and Gardens in Suffolk.
- <M1> SSF45448 (No record type): Parks Survey: )S2).
- <S1> SSF7563 Cartographic materials: Hodskinson, J.. 1783. The County of Suffolk surveyed.
- <S2> SSF21986 (No record type): Taigel A, `Carlton Park, Kelsale', Survey of Historic Parks and Gardens in Suffolk for SCC, ill.
- <S3> SSF50006 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. Site Report. Monitoring report, Boulter, S. SCCAS. 2001/108.
- <S4> SSF50368 Bibliographic reference: Roberts, W.M.. 2010. Lost Country Houses Of Suffolk.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Apr 5 2016 4:53PM