Monument record HTC 043 - Two Medieval house sites.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0043 5341 (105m by 113m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||HITCHAM, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
Two Med house sites uncovered during pipeline work (AW mains) between Hitcham and Wattisham. Flint footings, hearth remains, clay wall remains and ?boundary ditch located. Pottery dated from 12th to 15th centuries. Details in archive (S1), report (S3), & summary and plans in PSIAH (S2).
- <S1> SSF19186 (No record type): SAU, Caruth J, excavation archive, November 1994.
- <M1> SSF42376 (No record type): Excavation archive:.
- <S2> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. 'Archaeological Excavations ', PSIAH 38, 1995, 352-354, ill.
- <S3> SSF50119 Unpublished document: Atfield, R.. 2008. Monitoring Report Generic. SAU, Gill D, Monitoring Report 95/27, Jan 1995, ill.
- <S4> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. PSIAH, 38 (3), 1995, p.352-4.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 5 2015 11:36AM