Monument record ASN 031 - Site of post-medieval post mill
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 933 372 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||ASSINGTON, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Site of an open trestle type post mill, built in 1868, standing 1902 (S1) but gone by 1926 (S2). According to (S3) at TL 933 373, but its exact location is shown on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey maps (see S4 or S5). Note `Windmill Field', Plot 256 on the 1837 tithe map of Assington (S6) is centred at TL 935 373.
Formerly recorded as ASN Misc.
- <S1> SSF6484 (No record type): Flint B, Suffolk Windmills, 1979, 129.
- <S2> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map. OS, 1:2500 map, LXXX.10, 1926.
- <S3> SSF5318 (No record type): Dolman P, letter to SAU, May 1990.
- <S4> SSF12834 (No record type): OS, 1st ed 1:10560 map, circa 1882.
- <S4> SSF892 Map: 1837. Assington Tithe Map. Assington tithe map & apportionment, 1837, SRO (Bury).
- <S5> SSF12867 (No record type): OS, 1st or 2nd ed 1:2500 maps.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 10 2016 12:36PM