Monument record RMR 002 - Rushmere Hall, Rushmere, (Mesolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 495 877 (50m by 50m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||RUSHMERE, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1971: Mesolithic flint scatter including micro-burin, scrapers, found fieldwalking. (S1-S4)
See also Neolithic record.
- <S1> SSF59405 Article in serial: Owles, E.. 1971. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1971.
- <S2> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11584.
- <S3> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 1151.
- <S4> SSF23378 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J. & Bonsall, C.J.. 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic sites in England and Wales, CBA Research Report 20. 263.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S6> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. 33 pt 1 1974 101.
- FSF4924: MICROBURIN (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF4925: TRANCHET AXEHEAD (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF51103: CORE (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF51104: FLAKE (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF51105: BLADE? (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF51106: SCRAPER (TOOL)? (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Oct 25 2021 1:32PM