Monument record OCC 006 - Grove Farm, Bullshall Road (1985), The Grove (1926)

Please read our .

Summary

1837: Square moat with entrance to N & roughly centrally placed building shown on OS 1st ed map (S1). listed building

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 1698 6966 (97m by 109m) (Centred on)
Map sheet TM16NE
Civil Parish OCCOLD, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

1837: Square moat with entrance to N & roughly centrally placed building shown on OS 1st ed map (S1).
1926: Shown as sub-square/trapezoid moat with entrances to N & E with additional range of buildings extending from internal building over NW corner of moat. Location at end of Bullshall Road, once named Bulls Hall? N & W arms of moat shown as circa 10m wide, S & E arms circa 2.5m wide (S2). Building on interior listed (Grade II) as late C16 farmhouse & service end (probably later rebuild).

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <S1> (No record type): OS, 1st ed, 1" map, 1837.
  • <S2> Map: OS. OS Map. OS, 1:2500 map, sheet XXXVI.12, 1926.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Oct 9 2007 12:59PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.