Monument record BSE 128 - `The Park' (1837); Lee's Park (1904)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 837 652 (420m by 826m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||BURY ST EDMUNDS, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||WESTLEY, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Map evidence (S1)(S2) shows an avenue surrounded by trees, leading possibly to Hyde Wood, Hengrave. A `Lodge' existed at SE point, near main road. Area named `The Park'. Details of ownership etc in (S2). Bisected by railway line in 1854. In 1926 mostly in use as golf course. Lodge possibly surviving at that date and shown as a pair of semi-detached dwellings with small outhouse/s & well (S3). Lodge and S end of park now built over. Note oval `tumulus'(?) BSE 002, at N end of avenue - possibly landscape feature or even remains of former building. Formerly in Westley parish.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jan 9 2020 1:26PM