Monument record TYN 057 - A brick kiln which probably was abandoned for the kiln to S (TYN 049).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2731 3816 (100m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||TRIMLEY ST MARTIN, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
A brick kiln which probably was abandoned for the kiln to S (TYN 049). It is present on the 1838 OS 1 inch map but not on the 1926 1:2500 OS map. Same as location given in (S3). Directories record the kilns being operated here (?) by Thomas Mays 1846-1853, J Cook 1853 & William Murrell 1857-1888 (S3).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 9 1996 12:00AM