Monument record IPS 264 - Cecelia Street, Ipswich, (IAS 5001).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1607 4420 (49m by 39m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
1974: Excavations identified a portion of the South-Western part of the precinct wall of the Greyfriars Friary, also timber revetments and assumed post dissolution debris (S1).
See also (S2-S3).
Organic leather report, (S4), Organic wood report, (S5) and dendrochronology report (S6).
- --- SSF57563 Index: IPSMG. 2009. Ipswich Museum renumbered Ipswich archive. R.2009.37.
- <S1> SSF5505 Unpublished document: Wade, K.. 2013. Ipswich Archive Site Summaries.
- <S2> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 5001.
- <S3> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 5001.
- <S4> SSF57057 Unpublished document: H. Thornton. 1977. IPSWICH LEATHER, IAS5001 0040.
- <S5> SSF57058 Unpublished document: 1977. Cecelia. Street 1974 (1AS 5001): WOOD.
- <S6> SSF57059 Unpublished document: Hilliam, J.. 1979. Cecelia Street, Ipswich (IAS 5001) - Tree-ring analysis.
- FSF40330: TEXTILE (13th century to 14th century - 1200 AD to 1300 AD)
- FSF40331: POTTERY THETFORD (13th century to 14th century - 1200 AD to 1300 AD)
- FSF40332: POTTERY (14th century - 1300 AD to 1399 AD)
- FSF40333: POTTERY CONTINENTAL IMPORT (16th century - 1500 AD to 1599 AD)
- FSF40334: SHOE (15th century to 16th century - 1490 AD? to 1510 AD?)
- FSF40336: CAME (15th century to 16th century - 1451 AD? to 1599 AD?)
- FSF40337: WINDOW GLASS? (15th century to 16th century - 1451 AD to 1599 AD)
- FSF40338: ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (IPS: Late Medieval Transitional - 1451 AD to 1600 AD)
- FSF40339: ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (IPS: Late Medieval Transitional - 1451 AD to 1600 AD)
- FSF40340: FLOOR TILE (IPS: Late Medieval Transitional - 1451 AD to 1600 AD)
- FSF40341: ROOF TILE (IPS: Late Medieval Transitional - 1451 AD to 1600 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (5)
- Parent of: Revetment 0155 (Ipswich UAD child record) (IPS 1694)
- Parent of: Revetment 0156 (Ipswich UAD child record) (IPS 1695)
- Parent of: Revetment 0157 (Ipswich UAD child record) (IPS 1693)
- Parent of: Structure (Possible Jetty) 0158 (Ipswich UAD child record) (IPS 1325)
- Related to: Greyfriars (Franciscan) Friary, Ipswich, SPECULATIVE. (Monument) (IPS 726)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jul 21 2017 9:38AM