Find Spot record LWT 008 - Burton Grove
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 541 943 (101m by 100m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||LOWESTOFT, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Coin, second brass, of Constantine II as Caesar (AD 317-337) found pre-1939 (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s) and the highest point in Lowestoft which is now a housing estate. Mint mark obscure. Obverse: CONSTANTINVS IVN NOB C, Reverse : CAESARUM NOSTRORVM In laurel wreath VOT X Given through Norwich Castle Museum by (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s).
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 969-32, 1969.
- <S2> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. 31 1969 323 (E Owles).
- <S3> SSF60034 Personal Correspondence: Various. Oral information, correspondence (not archived) or staff comment. nf W Garnham per Norwich Castle Mus.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- FSF5134: COIN (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Nov 3 2021 11:49AM