Monument record BRG 018 - Mill Road
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8812 6780 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||GREAT BARTON, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Post mill shown on maps of 1783 (S1), 1824 (R1), 1825 (R2), 1837 (S2), 1882 (R3) and 1904 (S5) at `TL 881 678' (S3).
Post mill with roundhouse at `882 678' demolished circa 1920 (S4). Not actually on (S2).
Located after (S5). In centre of Conyard Green in 1783 (S1). Possibly site of Med mill - see Misc.
- <R1> SSF7141 (No record type): Greenwood, map, 1824.
- <S1> SSF7563 Cartographic materials: Hodskinson, J.. 1783. The County of Suffolk surveyed.
- <S2> SSF12821 (No record type): OS, 1st ed 1 inch map, 1837.
- <R2> SSF2454 (No record type): Bryant, map, 1825.
- <R3> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map. OS, 1:2500 map, circa 1882.
- <S3> SSF5314 (No record type): Dolman P, letter to SAU (EM), May 1990.
- <S4> SSF6490 (No record type): Flint B, Suffolk Windmills, 1979, 134.
- <S5> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map. OS, 1:2500 map, 33.16, 1904.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Oct 10 1996 12:00AM