Monument record WDN 009 - Warren Mill
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9964 6293 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||WETHERDEN, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Post Mill (with roundhouse). Site of windmill shown on maps from 1824 to 1904 (S1-S3)(R1-R3). According to (S5) demolished circa 1907 though still named Warren Windmill on 1958 map (S4). No longer shown.
Same as (or replacement of?) windmill shown on Ogilby's map of 1675.
- <M1> SSF44714 (No record type): Mills file: (S4)(S6).
- <S1> SSF5313 (No record type): Dolman P, letter to SAU (EM), 1980.
- <R1> SSF7139 (No record type): Greenwell, map, 1824.
- <S2> SSF12849 (No record type): OS, 1st edition 1 inch map, 1834.
- <R2> SSF2452 (No record type): Bryant, map 1825.
- <R3> SSF12604 (No record type): OS, 1:10560 map, 1882.
- <S3> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map. OS, 1:2500 2nd edition map, 1904.
- <S4> SSF12618 (No record type): OS, 1:10560 map, provisional edition, 1958.
- <S5> SSF6503 (No record type): Flint B, Suffolk Windmills, 1979, 142.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 23 2006 3:38PM