Monument record MRM 056 - Post Medieval field boundary and footpath.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 265 469 (356m by 182m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||MARTLESHAM, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Cropmarks of irregular E-W track/drove way to E of, and leading to (?) church (MRM 045)(S1). Still in use as `path' (S2). Two contemporary(?) field boundaries abutt. Further field boundaries on a different alignment lie to the S (S1). Within these was found a LIA gold coin (MRM 031).
These features were not mapped as part of the Suffolk Coastal NMP project as they are depicted on the Ordnance Survey 1st Edition 25" map of c.1884 (S3) and the 2nd Edition of 1908 (S4) and therefore do not fall within the remit of the project. (S5)
- <M1> SSF44931 (No record type): AP: (S1).
- <S1> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex C C, Strachen D, AP, CP/96/18/2, 13 June 1996.
- <S2> SSF12505 (No record type): OS, 1:10,000 map, TM 24 NE, 1972.
- <S3> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition. c.1884.
- <S4> SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25". c.1908.
- <S5> SXS50100 Verbal communication: Newsome, S.. 2001 -. Suffolk Coastal NMP Project. Sarah Newsome.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Aug 20 2013 9:27AM