Monument record HMY 008 - The Three Sisters of Maldon
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2915 4159 (26m by 24m)|
|Civil Parish||HEMLEY, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Aerial photograph of abandoned timber hulk in Kirton Creek. Circa 30m in length, parallel sides with short pointed prow and stem (S1). Hulk of sailing barge, the Three Sisters of Maldon, built at Maldon in 1865. Abandoned at present location in 1930s (S2). The rectification and digital mapping of the hulk from vertical air photographs reveals that it is 23m in length and located slightly to the west of the previously recorded grid reference, which was TM 29154195. (S3)
- <M1> SSF44938 (No record type): NMR TM 2941/1 (EXC 19028/08) 13-JUN-1996 CP/96/17/8.
- <S1> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2941/1 (EXC 19028/08) 13-JUN-1996.
- <S2> SSF10694 Source Unchecked: Malster, R.. 1997. Malster R (SIAS), January 1997. Malster R (SIAS), January 1997.
- <S3> SSF50005 Photograph: RAF. Air Photograph. RAF 106G/UK/832 4050-4051 23-SEP-1945.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Oct 21 2004 4:59PM