Monument record TYN 067 - Cropmarks of ditched land division boundaries of unknown date, possible crofts or field boundaries, can be seen on aerial photographs on Trimley Heat…
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 266 380 (340m by 426m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||TRIMLEY ST MARTIN, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Cropmarks of possible tofts and or field system (S1). Included in area is ringditch TYN 054. Possible continuation to the SW as TYN 013, including another ring ditch, TYN 046. Probably the termination of a long trackway and field system to the NW, TYN 066 and TYN 065 and to the SE (TYN 122)
Ditched land division boundaries of unknown date, possible crofts or field boundaries, can be seen on as cropmarks on aerial photographs on Trimley Heath to the west of High Road centred at circa TM26703819, Trimley St Martin parish. The boundaries appear to abut the former line of High Road, prior to the development of the A14 slip-road, at approximately 90 degrees and are therefore probably of medieval or post-medieval date. They are orientated roughly north-east to south-west and resemble the possible crofts recorded in TYN 011 to the north. The ring ditch TYN 054 is visible circa 40 metres to the south and is probably not associated with these features. (S2, S3)
- --- SXS50129 Unpublished document: Palmer, R.. 1995. A14 Seven Hills To Trimley Improvement, Suffolk: Aerial Photographic Assessment.
- <M1> SSF45042 (No record type): Hanging Cabinet: (S1).
- <S1> SSF92 (No record type): Air Photo Services, 1:2500 A14 Trimley Improvement AP plot, 1995.
- <S2> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2637/5 (1671/221) 06-AUG-1979.
- <S3> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TN 2637/7 (1671/230) 06-AUG-1979.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Nov 28 2011 3:28PM