Monument record FHM 018 - Maiden Hall
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9418 5668 (177m by 183m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||FELSHAM, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Cropmarks of square moat(?), outer rectangular enclosure with various internal subdivisions, and related field boundaries to SE of existing Maiden Hall (S1). Site of (?) Maiden Hall Sub-Manor of Felsham, owned by Hugh de Morieux in 1234. In 1608 a licence was granted to William Risby to keep a market and two yearly fairs at Maydenhall in Felsham. Absorbed into main manor, date unknown (S2).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 12 1997 12:00AM