Monument record BKY 012 - The Green
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8251 5466 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||BROCKLEY, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Windmill shown on 1845 tithe map & listed in apportionment in 1845 (S1). Flint B (S2) gives the windmill as a post mill with roundhouse, first mapped 1824, demolished in 1930. Dolman (S3) gives date of demolition as October 1930.
- <S1> SSF1588 Map: 1845/46. Brockley Tithe Map and Apportionment. Brockley Tithe Map & Apportionment, 1845/6, SRO (Bury), T130/1,2.
- <M1> SSF45168 (No record type): Windmills file: (S2)(S3).
- <S2> SSF6471 (No record type): Flint B, `Suffolk Windmills' 1979, p131.
- <S3> SSF5266 (No record type): Dolman P C J, `Windmills in Suffolk, a Contemporary Survey' 1978, p53.
- <S4> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map. OS 25" 1903.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 9 2021 11:50AM