Monument record SOL 004 - Single ring ditch flanked by two ditches and adjacent to two other ring ditches
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 5009 9690 (51m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||SOMERLEYTON, ASHBY AND HERRINGFLEET, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Single ring ditch, circa 20m diameter, flanked by two ditches (part of SOL 011) and adjacent to two other ring ditches, (SOL 003 and 005)(S1,S2)(S4, S5).
Farmer's observation of a mound in this location suggest likely round barrow (S3).
- <S1> SSF11760 (No record type): NAU, APs TM 5097/B/AC52, 1975, TM 4996/E/AFP11, 1976.
- <M1> SSF41412 (No record type): APs: NAU TM 5097/B/AC52, TM 4996/E/AFP11; SAU AGF 03, AGG 26, AGN 13,14.
- <S2> SSF18829 (No record type): SAU, APs AGF 03, AGG 26, July 1977; AGN 13, 14, August 1977.
- <S3> SSF50119 Unpublished document: Atfield, R.. 2008. Monitoring Report Generic. Martin E (SCCAS), report to FWAG, March 2004.
- <S4> SSF50106 Photograph: Air Photographs. NAU, AP, TM 5096/ HXV11, 12, 13, & 14.
- <S5> SSF50153 Bibliographic reference: Email. Michael Page to Colin Pendleton, 18 Aug 2010, with AP.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 25 2019 9:00AM