Monument record BRN 010 - Low Mill Field; Mill Field; Mill Lane
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 245 610 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||BRANDESTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Site of windmill shown on maps of 1825 to circa 1882 at `TM 245 610' (S1). Named Mill Field on tithe (S)(R1). According to Flint (S2) post mill with roundhouse at TM `246 610', constructed circa 1810, burnt (down) 1893. Location on HER map after (S4).
- <R1> SSF1437 Map: 1844. Brandeston Tithe Map and Apportionment. Brandeston Tithe Map & Apportionment, 1844.
- <M1> SSF45808 (No record type): Windmills file: copy (S1)(S2).
- <S1> SSF5326 (No record type): Dolman P, ms, List of Suffolk Windmills on maps, 1990 (S3).
- <S2> SSF6479 (No record type): Flint B, Suffolk Windmills, 130.
- <S3> SSF5075 (No record type): Deben Valley Place Names Study Group, Brandeston, undated.
- <S4> SSF12847 (No record type): OS, 1st ed, 1" map, 1837.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 27 1997 12:00AM