Find Spot record TYY 071 - Multi-period finds scatter, including worked flint, burnt flint, prehistoric, Roman and medieval pottery.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 278 352 (1573m by 1343m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||TRIMLEY ST MARY, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
February 1998: A transect fieldwalking survey revealed a multi-period background finds scatter, including worked flint, burnt flint, prehistoric, Roman and medieval pottery. A detailed map of the findspots is given in Figure 1 of (S1). Several concentrations of burnt flint were identified and these are recorded separately under TYY 026-031.
- <S1> SSF51333 Unpublished document: Abbot, C.. 1998. Archaeological Evaluation at Blofield Hall, Trimley St Mary. Figure 1.
- FSF23156: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF23157: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF23158: POTTERY THETFORD (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD? to 1100 AD?)
- FSF23159: POTTERY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF23166: FLAKE (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF23167: POT BOILER (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF42913: SCRAPER (TOOL) (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF42914: BLADE (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jan 9 2018 11:27AM