Monument record IPS 311 - Buttermarket, Ipswich, (IAS 3101).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 16320 44538 (7m by 24m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (0)
1963: Sherds of Ipswich, Thetford and St. Neots ware, mediaevaland later sherds with fragmentsof human skull, found on the site of the extension of Messrs. Cowells Store, Butter Market. (S1-S4).
- <S1> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 3101.
- <S2> SSF55969 Article in serial: Owles, E. & Smedley, N.. 1963. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1963. XXIX 3. PSIA XXIX 3.
- <S3> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 3101.
- <S4> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. 963-13.
- FSF24619: POTTERY IPSWICH (Middle Saxon to IPS: Early Late Saxon - 650 AD to 850 AD)
- FSF24620: POTTERY THETFORD (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD to 1100 AD)
- FSF24621: POTTERY ST NEOTS (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 900 AD to 1100 AD)
- FSF24623: POTTERY (17th century - 1600 AD to 1699 AD)
- FSF24625: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF24626: HUMAN REMAINS (Undated)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jan 17 2017 1:47PM