Monument record IPS 315 - 30 Carr Street, Ipswich (IAS 3401).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 16563 44560 (59m by 87m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (0)
1965-1968: Excavation of building extensions to Woolworths located Saxon to Post Medieval pottery and human and animal bone. (S1-S7).
Site area is maximum, likely smaller.
- <S1> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 3401.
- <S2> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 3401.
- <S3> SSF55956 Article in serial: Owles, E. & Smedley, N.. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1967.
- <S4> SSF55972 Article in serial: Owles, E. J. and N. Smedley. 1965. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1965.
- <S5> SSF55973 Article in serial: Owles, E. J. and N. Smedley. 1968. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1968. PSIAH, 1968, XXXI.2, pp. 188–201.. PSIAH, 1968, XXXI.2, pp. 188–201..
- <S6> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. 965-101, 968-6.
- <S7> SSF57815 Machine readable data file: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. 2017. Ipswich PMED Records Spreadsheet.
- FSF24632: POTTERY THETFORD (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD to 1100 AD)
- FSF24633: POTTERY IPSWICH (Middle Saxon - 650 AD to 849 AD)
- FSF24634: POTTERY ST NEOTS (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 14th century - 850 AD to 1300 AD)
- FSF24635: ANIMAL REMAINS (Undated)
- FSF24636: HUMAN REMAINS (Undated)
- FSF24637: LAMP (IPS: Early Medieval - 1001 AD to 1150 AD)
- FSF24638: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF24644: POTTERY CONTINENTAL IMPORT (17th century - 1600 AD to 1699 AD)
- FSF24645: POTTERY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF24646: POTTERY (16th century - 1500 AD to 1599 AD)
- FSF39582: POT (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD to 1100 AD)
- FSF39583: LAMP (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD to 1100 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 24 2022 2:14PM